Monday, August 20, 2012

The Vanity

It's done! It's finally done! I worked my butt off but it was worth it. I know that shabby chic typically involves painted furniture, but this wood was too gorgeous to keep covered up. I hate to say but I have no step by steps or secrets to how it got done...it was just a full week of stripping, sanding, cleaning, and staining. All with a temp of 95 in the shade. YUCK. Well, I'm in love with it and I can't wait to work up the bravery to put stuff on top of it. 





I can't stop looking at it! It would freak people out, but the TV is hung above it, so I look like less of a weirdo. Now I've just got to strip and stain the gorgeous chair that goes with it.

1 comment:

  1. That's so eye catching furniture stuff there, the wooden work with the dressing table looks so astonishing and different, certainly a great piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete