Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bedroom Overhaul


I began buying and selling shabby treasures at my little booth in Okeechobee, but I started to grow attached to some of the items. My room was in dire need of an overhaul, so I figured I might as well redo the whole thing shabby with nothing but thrift store finds!



The nightstand is from the Dogs and Cats Forever Thrift Store. It was funky pressed wood/Formica, but I loved the shape and knew that a few coats of matte white would do it a world of good. The little keyhole is fake, but I thought it was a really neat feature and painted the inside black, so it wouldn't look so hoaky.


The bed is also pressed wood, and was kinda icky. Another treasure from D&C Forever. It had "simulated wood grain".....yuck. So I threw some matte white and it made a world of difference. There is a boyfriend blocking some of it, but it's clear that it was definitely bedroom worthy.


My other goodies also came from thrifty spots. I redid the whole room for just under $200! That included my paint, the bed, nightstand, vanity, and knickknacks. Who would have thought being thrifty could look so good?

No comments:

Post a Comment